Balanced for Maximum Immune Support
Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the most important nutrients for dogs –yet they are almost entirely missing from pet foods today. VēRUS Pet Foods are different; we optimize our formulas to ensure dogs get the higher level of Omega-3 fatty acids their bodies need to:
- Maintain a healthy immune system
- Reduce inflammation from allergies and other disorders
- Prevent or combat dry hair and dull coat
- Support the anti-inflammatory system
VēRUS Advanced Opticoat:
Our flagship Omega-3 formula provides the industry’s highest level of Omega 3 support with ingredients rich in EPA, DHA and ALA Omega-3 fatty acids:
- Fresh, wild-caught cold water fish from the USA waters
- Fish oil from Northeastern-caught menhaden
- Flaxseed oil, the only substantial agricultural source of Omega-3 fatty acids
Why do VēRUS optimized formulas perform better?
Most pet foods contain significantly high levels of Omega-6 fatty acids, often from cheap ingredients such as corn, canola and olive oils. Without Omega-3 supplementation, dogs on a diet of these foods end up consuming Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratios of anywhere from 16:1 to as much as 20:1– far from the average 1:1 ratio featured in our Advanced Opticoat formula. By providing the right level of Omega-3 fatty acids to support the anti-inflammatory system, the itchy skin and dull coat can turn into a healthy skin and a shiny coat. The balance between both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids is important in all foods for dogs, as it helps to keep the body’s inflammatory system at the level where it needs to be to support overall health and well-being.